1. What is the Wireless Home Phone service?
The Wireless Home Phone service is a new service offering customers a value-priced home phone solution leveraging the Rogers wireless cellular network. Unlike traditional home phone services, the Wireless Home Phone does not use any interior wiring or phone jacks, but utilizes the wireless cellular network to make and receive phone calls. By connecting a Wireless Home Phone device to a customer’s existing regular corded or cordless telephone, all calls made on the regular phone now take place over the Rogers wireless cellular network instead.
2. Do I need any special equipment?
The only equipment that is required to purchase for this service is the ZTE Wireless Home Phone device. This is a one-time charge. The only other equipment you need is a regular corded or cordless phone.
3. What kind of phone do I need to work with the Wireless Home Phone device?
Most standard touch tone phones may be used. Cordless phone systems (DECT) provide the most flexibility and allow you to easily place additional handsets throughout your home. Cordless phone systems still need to be plugged into a power outlet. During a power outage, a standard corded phone which doesn’t require electrical power is recommended.
4. How do I install the Wireless Home Phone device?
The Wireless Home Phone device is simple to use and easy to install. Follow the easy steps below for installation: 1. Insert SIM card into device (SIM card is included within box) 2. Plug device into a power source 3. Plug cordless or corded phone into device 4. Press and Hold Power Button for 8 seconds to ensure wireless cellular connectivity A Quick Start Guide is included with your device and will provide you the most common installation methods.
Some helpful hints:
- Installation near a window is strongly recommended to ensure the strongest possible wireless signal in order to maximize voice quality.
- If the Wireless Home Phone signal strength indicator does not display high signal strength (Green) or voice quality is unacceptable, you may need to relocate the device to another part of the home with a stronger wireless signal.
5. Does the Wireless Home Phone device support data or text messaging?
No. The Wireless Home Phone device gives you access to the wireless cellular network and therefore does not support data, and/or text messaging. The Wireless Home Phone device is a voice solution only
6. Do I need a broadband internet service for the Wireless Home Phone device to work?
No. The Wireless Home Phone device is a voice solution and therefore does not require any connection to a broadband internet service. The Wireless Home Phone operates on the wireless cellular network.
7. Can I move the Wireless Home Phone device to another location?
Yes you can. The Wireless Home Phone device is portable and can be moved to another location within Canada. So if you have a cottage, a temporary home, or are a university student, this product is an ideal solution for you to maintain your existing number and continue to be reached on your wireless home phone number. The Wireless Home Phone device includes unlimited outgoing and incoming Canada-wide calling, which means that you can make or receive calls within Canada without worrying about additional charges.
8. Will the Wireless Home Phone device work in areas with no or low wireless signal strength?
No. The Wireless Home Phone does require a strong wireless signal in order for the service to work. It is recommended to put your device close to a window, to ensure the best possible voice quality.
9. Yes. In most situations, you will be able to port your existing home telephone number to the Wireless Home Phone Service.
The Wireless Home Phone will work with any corded or cordless phone; however, it is not compatible with the older rotary phones. The Wireless Home Phone device will support up to two cordless phone base stations. So if your cordless phone system has two base stations, the Wireless Home Phone can support each of these base stations.
10. Can I make international calls with this device?
You can make any U.S. or international calls from your Wireless Home Phone. Calls can be made either to a land line or a mobile number. There are various rates based on the country you call, and Long Distance packages are offered to give you lower long distance rates. Please refer to the Wireless Home Phone page on our website for more information.
11. Can I port my existing home telephone number?
Yes. In most situations, you will be able to port your existing home telephone number to the Wireless Home Phone Service.
12. How do I set up my Voicemail for Wireless Home Phone?
To set up your Voicemail service, simply press the #1 key.
The first time you access your Voicemail service you’ll be prompted to create:
- Your own personal access code
- A personal greeting and a recording of your name
13. How do I retrieve my Voicemail messages?
To retrieve your Voicemail messages, simply press the #1 key.
14. Can I take this device with me to the U.S.? We have a condo and it would be great for the summer months?
No. The Wireless Home Phone device does not work within countries outside of Canada.
15. Can I do Call Forwarding and Conference Calling from this device?
Yes. Call Forwarding, Conference Calling and Call Waiting are included in the monthly fee. Enhanced Voicemail and Call Display are also included.
16. Can I take the SIM and use it in my smartphone?
No. The Wireless Home Phone SIM card can only be used exclusively with the ZTE Wireless Home Phone device. If you lose or damage your Wireless Home Phone SIM card, you can purchase a specific Wireless Home Phone SIM card from our Customer Care.
17. I have a home security system, does the Wireless Home Phone service work with home security?
No. Unfortunately, the Wireless Home Phone service is not compatible with all home security systems. The service is not compatible with these other products:
- Fax machines
- Medical alert systems
- Dial-up internet service
- Wireless messaging and data services
18. Do you have User Manuals for the devices?
A comprehensive User Manual is available on the Phones page for more detailed information on the device and troubleshooting.