1. What number do I call to reach SimplyConnect Customer Care?
2. How long does it take for my order to be shipped to me?
Allow 3-5 business days for delivery from the time of order.
3. What is a sim card?
A sim card, also referred to as a smart card, is necessary for the operation of GSM phones. It stores your service information and can be used to store your phone book entries. The sim card comes pre-inserted and pre-activated with your new SimplyConnect wireless phone.
4. Do I receive warranty with my new cell phone?
SimplyConnect phones come with a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty. All accessories and batteries come with a 90-day warranty. Any malfunction due to misuse, physical or liquid damage is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Lost or stolen phones are the responsibility of the owner and are not covered under warranty. Please call Customer Care for warranty assistance.
5. How does the 30 day / 30 minute Money Back Guarantee work?
SimplyConnect provides you with 30 days to try your new phone. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the phone for a full hardware refund within 30-days of the purchase date, if it has been used for no more than 30 minutes of airtime. All items, including the phone and accessories must be returned in original condition at the subscriber’s cost. SimplyConnect reserves the right to charge a restocking fee where these conditions are not met. You will be responsible for any prorated plan fees or usage charges (e.g. long distance, roaming, 411 calls). You must obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#) before returning the phone. An RA# can be obtained by contacting customer service.
6. What charges will appear on my first invoice/proration?
Your first invoice will be slightly different as it includes the advance billing for the current month and a prorated charge for the month in which the service was activated. This charge is equal to the monthly plan amount prorated by the number of days from activation until month end. Don’t worry — your future invoices will only include one month’s worth of charges.
7. What charges will appear on my last invoice?
Your last invoice will not contain any charges for monthly services, just unfilled additional usage, long distance, roaming, SMS and other similar usage charges. These charges can sometimes take up to two months from the date of cancellation to appear on your wireless invoice.
8. How do I pay my monthly bill?
Your monthly charge is conveniently charged to your credit card on the 19th of each month. You will receive a statement from SimplyConnect detailing your monthly wireless charges. When you receive your statement, your charge will be identified as from SimplyConnect .
9. Does the battery need to be fully drained before I charge it?
Your phone’s battery should be properly conditioned to reach its peak performance. For the best reference, please consult the manual that comes with your phone or that can be found on our website.
10. Why don’t all numbers display on my call display?
If your call display does not work, please check the following:
- Have you subscribed to Call Display? Some numbers are blocked and will not be displayed on a phone.
These are numbers such as 1-800 numbers, private numbers, numbers blocked by the calling party, calls originating from a business switchboard or a pay phone, accidental roaming, roaming outside of Canada, internationally originated calls and calls forwarded to your phone from another phone.
11. What should I do if I lost my phone or if it is stolen?
Call Customer Care immediately and report your phone missing. Customers calling after business hours are advised to leave a voice message with their account and cell phone number. SimplyConnect will suspend the phone and block it from any further use. Once you’ve called Customer Care, a representative will provide you with options to obtain another phone if necessary.
12. Can I change my plan or wireless extras services options?
Certainly. If you are interested in changing plans or your wireless extras service options, be sure to contact us prior to month end to have a plan change made effective for the first of the following month.
13. Can I keep my current phone number and switch to SimplyConnect?
Yes, give us a call.
14. What is roaming and what are the charges?
We offer our customers the ability to roam on other carriers’ networks when traveling outside of Canada. Calls made while roaming are not included in your monthly plan.
There is now only one per minute rate for each country and region, making it easier to budget and track your roaming usage. Charges range from $1.45 to $4 per minute (plus taxes) for any type of call made or received. For example, the same rate will apply for local calls and for calls back to Canada while in your roaming destination.
For your reference, here are the current per minute Roaming Rates. Roaming usage is charged on a per minute basis and is rounded up to the next minute. All charges are billed directly to your SimplyConnect account in Canadian funds. In unusual circumstances, calls may appear on your invoice up to 120 days after they were made. Rates are subject to change.
We have different options for Roaming:
15. I ordered voice mail. How do I activate it?
Follow these steps to activate your voicemail:
* STEP 1: Dial your wireless phone number from a landline phone
* STEP 2: Press # to interrupt the greeting
* STEP 3: Enter your temporary numeric password (1234)
* STEP 4: Follow the instructions given by the voicemail system to set up a new password and personal greeting.
16. How do I change the ringer volume?
On most wireless phones, the volume can be set by either the navigation key or dedicated volume control key. Volume settings can also be changed directly from the phone’s SETTINGS option of your phone.
17. I can’t hear the other person. Is there something wrong?
Your speaker volume may be turned down. In order to increase the speaker volume you must adjust the setting while on a call.
18. My screen is black. What do I do?
Make sure the phone is turned on and fully charged. If your battery is drained it will shut off the phone, which results in a black screen. You must charge the phone and use the power button to turn it back on.
If your battery is fully charged it could be due to the backlight being turned off. In order to save power, all phones turn off the backlight after idling for a short amount of time. To turn the on the backlight, press any key on the phone (make sure the key-lock function is off).
19. What is SimplyConnect ‘s process should I have a concern or complaint?
At SimplyConnect , we strive to provide outstanding customer service each and every day. We realize that there’s always room for improvement so we want to make it easy for you to voice any concerns you may have and resolve them in a satisfactory manner.
* STEP 1: Contact Customer Service here to discuss any questions or concerns you may have regarding our service. Our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist.
* STEP 2: You can request to speak with a Team Leader if the Customer Service Representative is unable to resolve your concern to your satisfaction. The Team Leader will do everything in their power to solve your problem. We suggest you take the following information for reference:
- The Team Leader‘s name and extension number
- The date & time the conversation took place
* STEP 3: Most complaints will be resolved within the first two steps. If not, we encourage you to contact our Call Centre Manager. Our Team Leaders will be happy to provide you with the direct contact information of our Call Centre Manager.
* STEP 4: Should your concern still be unresolved after completing the previous steps, you may pursue the issue further by filing your complaint with the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS).
20. What is the CCTS?
The Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS) is an agency independent of the telecommunications industry, created to assist consumers and telecommunication industry participants to resolve their disputes. The CCTS strives to do this in an accessible, impartial, timely, efficient and informal manner, after direct communication between a consumer or small business and a CCTS member has proven ineffective.
Visit their website www.ccts-cprst.ca or call 1-888-221-1687 for further information.